martes, 28 de febrero de 2017

YAYLA - INTERVIEW


Good evening, thank you very much for accepting to answer these questions, how about everything for Nanrum or London?
Namrun is full of religious sons of bitches and disgusting peasants I am glad I am in London. Though I miss the vast and transcendental nature, the religious cockroaches ruin a great place where our band was formed and takes inspiration. London is a great place to live; I travelled a lot and found that this city is my favorite. Truly atmospheric, I can even write an album about London one day.

1. Yayla was born in 2007 and publishes its first demo a couple of years later, we can say that Yayla unlike Blliigghhtted, Funeral of God, Red Bible Black and Viranesir, your other projects, has a special meaning, what led you to to create Yayla? What does Yayla's name refer to?
You look at a distant landscape and it looks beautiful, but there is no way of touching it except you go there, and when you go there it is no landscape. This is death seen from life, and it is what this band is about. Yayla was our high school band with Merdumgiriz. We were listening to lots of obscure extreme music back then and always wanted to hear something more violent and depressive than anything else so we did it ourselves. I really liked brutal and powerful metal, soul tearing misery in music, grandiose orchestral, acoustic, dungeon synth and I wanted a more extreme form of all this. I wanted to be the voice of death, and am still trying. Yayla is my first project; it means alpine meadow, we formed it in Namrun’s meadows where we would spend months in isolation making art in ancient castles. I wanted to channel the essence of death I got from nature and ancient ruins, which is where I get it the most, into any sort of music that I make with this band. 

2. Unlike Blliigghhtted and Viranesir with those who have been editing material fairly regularly, the truth is that Yayla had been parked almost four years, what was this silence?
I committed suicide and spend a long time in the mental asylum after the last Yayla album. It had a lot to do with the last album and naturally it was hard to go back to it. I wrought very monotonous and hypnotic pieces of magic in the fist isolationist metal trilogy (Ruhizolasyon, Sathimasal and Nihaihayat), also I also made a monotonous audiovisual project with dungeon synth soundtrack (Fear Through Eternity). I thought I was ready for a certain death, but it seems I wasn’t, so the journey had to go on. Time had come to make a new beginning, dynamic start, hence I tried lots of things with the other bands and started making dynamic and progressive music, and I did a Yayla album with all that experience of 5 years in my side projects with the depressiveness and powerfulness of metal and ambient as usual, Pas.to.rale is the result.

3. The themes you deal with in your other bands are more controversial, however in Yayla you approach philosophy, transcendence and ancestry, what leads you to try this theme in Yayla Where does the essence of Emir Toğrul reside, The extremes of irreverence or at the end of philosophical thought or yet it is situated in a middle line?
The essence of Emir Toğrul lies in beauty and harmony. I am a very happy person that has everything he wants. In all these projects, the lyrics I write are relatable things that make sense rather than occult bullshit or mindless overdone metal aesthetics. Be it controversial, satanic or philosophical my lyrics are accessible and easy to understand yet speak of truths harder than even the most ultimate badass would like to hear. My essence is that I do not pretend to believe in objective values. In Viranesir this manifests in a lack of morality, in Blliigghhtted as a satanic indifference to evil, and a beautiful lack of connection to life in Yayla which means it is as controversial but very indirect in its delivery compared to my other bands. It can be called a musical expression of nihilism and death.

4. It is clear that the music you produce and in this particular case in Yayla is dark, cold, and even at times uncomfortable, is your music the reflection of your mind and personality?
There were times that I lived through intense and prolonged suffering which of course shaped the approach of all my bands. People often tell me I make the most uncomfortable, intense and dark music they have heard. I have spent years in unjust sufferings and mental disturbances that only got progressively worse at the time they were happening and I have been very keen on channeling all this into my music. On the other hand, in my current daily life I am usually quite happy and have a lot of friends, lots of sex and fun. I got money and live in London, don’t drink or smoke or take drugs. I am an easygoing person who is socially very active and healthy. But I went through Dante’s hell to come to this, and that will always be where my muse comes from.

5. Do you find it difficult to take care of all the instruments and voices when recording and producing Yayla albums, or do you have the help of third parties?
I don’t find it difficult, matter of fact it is easier and more fun than working with others. I have
people begging me to help them with their own music and I feel sorry that they are unable to do it themselves. I don’t need help, I learned how to do everything myself, it is the best way to make art. Fuck people.

6. In his music there are classic black influences from bands like Bathory, but there is also a background of classic bands not so related to metal, is this true?
The beauty of the melodies equals the brutality and violence of my music. That beauty comes from non-metal music. I listen to a lot of classical music, maybe more than metal. Sir Ralph Vaugen, Albinoni, Vivaldi and million composers mostly but not limited to pre 20th century graves and adagios. Everyday I listen to symphonic, chamber, ballet, vocal, symphony whatever goes so long as it is not happy. They really influence my compositions. I also listen to a lot of pop, house, ambient, gangsta rap, folk, industrial and everything in some sort of way influences the beauty of the melodies. I grew up listening to Mozart, Cat Stevens, Barbra Streisand, Simon & Garfunkel, Jesus Christ Superstar, Dire Straits going through forest landscapes at night, so it is where my heart lies.

7. As a musician, you are a photographer, direct from the cinema and actively participate with the record label, where does he make time for everything? And which of these disciplines do you feel most comfortable with?
I am a dictator and can’t be under another boss with my art but running my own record label sucks, doing PR, sales, releases shit like that is boring as fuck. When it comes to making art, I love them all and feel comfortable in all of the areas. Time is no problem because I gladly spend most my free time to art, I really love creating its my addiction. It is like asking a smoker how does he find time to smoke 2 packs a day. I wish I could do more films, but it takes more people to make music, which sucks. I don’t like working with people, so I do more music, which is a singular job. But here are some of my films: http://merdumgiriz.org/Gotsiken/Films.html

8. With Yayla just released album recently, but what future plans does it have with all the bands of which it is part?
I see a new death; hence as I said, I started a new phase with Pas.to.rale; there will be couple albums that I will spend in this phase. I want to make an acoustic album and a full on orchestral or ambient one. But who knows what will happen, it is my muse that dictates what I do not the other way around. Viranesir will keep making psychotic and perverse albums, Chaoscunt (ex-Blliigghhtted) will be more violent than ever, and all of my projects will be miles ahead of the rest of the current garbage that gets released in the name of music.

9. The release of most of your music through your label "Merdümgiriz" seems to be almost necessary due to the high volume of publications for your different projects and certain aspects that surround it, but what criteria do you follow at the time of To select bands for the label?
The most important criteria have become not fagging out. I don’t want politicians who claim they are “just interested in the music”, I want total psychos who know that art & especially extreme metal mean more than music and ready to go all the fucking way. I want people to be ready to die for their beliefs, and reflect this in their art. I had many artists who couldn’t rake the stress of this label and left and I needed to kick many people out as well because they were lesser than I initially thought. It is an elite label that does not give a fuck about money and fame but supremacy. I need bands to stick to the label in tough times because everybody hates us and wants us to fail. Webzines threaten my artists to not work with me, and stuff so I need the artists to be with me full on like their life depended on it. We will go on and I need warriors to go on with me.


10. I suppose you will be satisfied by the repercussion and good criticism received by this "Pas.to.rale"?
No, I always want more and more, I am never satisfied. But yes it is getting quite a lot of good reviews and sales. It hasn’t been a month and I got like 10 reviews all over 80/100. Lots of people who reviewed my previous work say it’s my best. I like it when it gets a lot of attention. But at the same time, I want to make new things and Pas.to.rale is a thing of the past.

11. Thank you very much for taking the time to Black Metal Spirit, if you want to add something for the followers of Yayla, this is the place. I hope the questions are to your liking.
Extreme metal is more than just music; push the fucking boundaries don’t be a domesticated faggot. I really liked the questions, thanks for talking to me and reviewing our albums!



Vinyl, 12", 45 RPM, Album, Reissue, Repress
Recorded on December 27th 2009 - January 2nd 2010.

The catalog number LORD 127 is taken from the spine, LORD127 from the back cover, and LORD-127 from the labels.

HAZTE CON ÉL EN : BLACK METAL SPIRIT STORE O DISCOGS

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario